Luke Wave Walker Competition
Luke Wave Walker Story Competition
We look forward to receiving lots of entries!
Are you aged between 5 and 16?
Write 500 words or less on what ‘Luke Wave Walker’ has been doing!
What exciting adventures has Luke had?
Make sure an adult (parent, guardian or teacher) sends your entry with their contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org or posts it to Dawlish Town Council at the Manor House or Dawlish Library by 31st January 2021. Six age categories. To be judged by the Mayor of Dawlish and the Dawlish Librarian.
- The competition closes on 2nd January 2021. Any entries received after that date will not be judged.
- Judging will take place in early January with results announced online and in local press. It will be judged by the Mayor of Dawlish Cllr Alison Foden and Diane Flavin the Dawlish Librarian.
- The age categories are: 5 – 6, 7 – 8, 8 – 9, 10 – 11, 12 – 13, 14 – 16.
- The judge’s decision is final.
- Only one entry per person is allowed.
- The story must be all the entrant’s own work.
- Adults need to submit entries as they will need to approve that it can be used for publicity if the entry wins. It is hoped to display the winning entries locally – in the Library and the Manor House as well as online.
- A variety of prizes can be won including new books from the library and book tokens.
- Stories will be judged on how original and creative they are and how much the judges enjoy them!
- . Stories can include drawings to illustrate the story.
- . Please address any enquiries to email@example.com
Santa has been working away and in his diary we still have some slots available on the Sunday 6th December. Booking closes 12 noon Thursday 3rd December!
The elves are getting ready to welcome children in their virtual workshop before children meet virtual Santa…..and don’t forget there are sweet deliveries in the evening following the call by Santa during the day!
So don’t miss out! Book via the scan or us the link below: https://forms.gle/peGBzCWCDJ6rt3kCA
We are delighted that Dawlish Town Council’s Christmas Tree is now on the lawn. We hope you enjoy the lights and encourage you to shop local in Dawlish as many local shops have really pushed the boat out with their lights this year.