These files may not be suitable for users of assistive technology and are in the following formats: .pdf. Request an accessible format.
Voter ID Requirements
Elections to Dawlish Town (see files above), and Teignbridge District Council will take place on Thursday, 4 May 2023. Including this date and going forward, electors voting in a polling station will be required to show photographic ID before being given a ballot paper(s) in the following elections:
- UK Parliamentary general elections
- Recall petitions
- local elections in England
- local referendums in England
- Police and Crime Commissioner elections in England and Wales
Current accepted list of photographic ID
- a UK passport
- a passport issued by an EEA state or Commonwealth country
- Driving licence (including provisional licences)
- a licence to drive a motor vehicle granted under 15(i) Part 3 of the Road Traffic Act 1988, or (ii) the Road Traffic (Northern Ireland) Order 1981 (SI 1981/154 (N.I. 1))
- a driving licence issued by any of the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or an EEA state
- Immigration document – A biometric immigration document issued in accordance with regulations under section 5 of the UK Borders Act 2007.
- Proof of Age Standards Scheme (PASS) hologram
- Ministry of Defence Form 90 (Defence Identity Card)
- Concessionary travel passes
Further information can be found on the Electoral Commission’s website.
For information relating to the District elections, visit Teignbridge District Council’s website.