Devon County Council, working with the District and Town Councils, and Hardisty Jones Associates is delivering an urban renewal programme for Devon’s towns.
They will be focusing on eight of the hardest hit places to support the delivery of the aims of the Team Devon Post Covid Economic Recovery and Business Prospectus. The project is about practical and pragmatic plans and business cases to deliver transformational change.
To support this, a Strategic Regeneration Board has been established to create a Regeneration Strategy based on a range of evidence and will achieve the following in 2022:
- Provide local views on the challenges and opportunities of the town, to inform the development of the Regeneration Strategy
- Review the emerging Regeneration Strategy and feedback to the Town Council on this
- Approve the Regeneration Strategy and recommend to Town Council to:
- Choose a key project or group of aligned projects for the development of a business case
- Support the development of the business case as required
- Approve the business case and recommend adoption by Town Council
- Identify and approve quick-win projects
The board should represent the town, including its residents, town council, businesses, and institutions. It should also include stakeholders who will help deliver support for future economic growth.
As part of the wider membership, the Board is seeking two members of the public to play an active role in helping the board achieve these aims. Details of when the board will meet will be issued in the near future.
If you would like to be involved, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and contact details, no later than Friday, 27 May 2022 whereby two names will be chosen at random. Please assume if you are not contacted you have been unsuccessful.